TheNational Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is a Meetings Concierge to provide prompt, orderly and efficient assistance in the preparation of meetings and events at NAM headquarters. This position regularly oversees the provisioning in the employee Hub (break room) and ensures that fresh food, a variety of snacks, and beverages are replenished daily. This position is responsible for making recommendations on catering vendors, placing catering orders, catering set-up and break down and managing inventories in the catering and staff kitchens. The position also ensures event hosts are warmly welcomed and afforded an exceptional customer service experience.
Join the NAM and Make an Impact in the Following Ways:
· Monitor events calendar and proactively work with event owners on event arrangements.
· Set-up meeting rooms according to the event’s specifications and clean room upon event conclusion.
· Inventory, order and maintain catering kitchen, the Hub and stockroom supplies.
· Verify invoices received from outside vendors and maintain vendor relationships.
· Manage the internal billing of expenses back to departments.
· Train and support staff on use of Resource Central.
· Coordinate and prepare food and beverage service as required for all functions.
· Create and manage Cvent meeting websites. Process registration requests for events.
· Assist with preparation of materials shipped to and from events.
· Maintain audio/visual equipment in the A/V closets; maintain conference microphone equipment daily; assemble/disassemble equipment as required.
· Maintain and clean kitchen, kitchen equipment; ensure surrounding storerooms are clean and orderly at all times.
· Maintain and monitor the condition of equipment and recommend new or replacement equipment as necessary.
· Act as back-up for mail services and Meeting Concierge (External) duties.
· Position oversees temporary staff or other NAM staff in the set up or break down of NAM meetings spaces.
· Positions work closely with other Meetings Concierge (External) to insure the meetings and events schedules are managed to meet participant expectations.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and is not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
· High school graduate or equivalent; prefer prior knowledge of food and beverage industry;
· Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds;
· Ability to operate all existing/new kitchen equipment;
· Good verbal, reading and math skills;
· Team player with the ability to work with others;
· Proficient in MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Position requires a high degree of reliability and punctual arrival.
· Position requires a cheerful and people-oriented disposition, with ability to interact with various levels of people in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner.
· Must be able to physically move tables and chairs;
· Must be available for early morning and late evening assignments;
· Must be capable of handling all facets of the NAM A/V system, including setting up laptops and arranging the necessary cables;
· Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy;
· Training is available if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, vacation and sick leave, complimentary on-site gym access and healthy snacks in the break room. Become part of a fast paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. Manufacturing employs more than 12 million men and women, contributes $2.09 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, has the largest economic impact of any major sector and accounts for more than three-quarters of all private-sector research and development in the nation. The NAM is the powerful voice of the manufacturing community and the leading advocate for a policy agenda that helps manufacturers compete in the global economy and create jobs across the United States. The NAM’s world-class staff of policy experts provide unmatched access and information on the key issues affecting your business and bottom line. We are on the front lines of a wide range of policy battles, from immigration reform and labor relations, to energy and the environment, to trade policy and taxes. At every turn, we are working on behalf of manufacturers in America to advance policies that help manufacturers do what they do best: create economic strength and jobs. - See more at: http://www.nam.org/About/#sthash.MolkyRYI.dpuf